Rainbow HR are delighted to be hiring for the Chair of Business Committee for Scouts Scotland.
As Chair, you’ll lead the Business Committee and make sure it delivers on development, adult training and other support.
What you’ll do
- Lead on delivering our strategy for our people, property, finance and related legal compliance
- Make sure sufficient financial resources are available to support our goals
- Make sure there are effective financial planning, management and budgetary controls in place
- Make sure we’re properly looking after our financial and property assets
- Identify key risks and make sure we comply with all relevant legislation
- Work with our Board of Trustees to oversee the financial management of our Operations Committee and other sub-committees
Who we’re looking for:
We need someone with experience of being a charity Trustee, who can see the big picture, is happy to challenge and keep people accountable, and who can make good sound decisions, all while keeping Scouts Scotland’s best interests at heart.
- You’ll be experienced in leading strategies and/or managing projects
- You need to be committed to our values & ethos and understand what we do
- You need to be really passionate about what we do and have energy and enthusiasm and the time to really make a difference and commit to this role
- It would be great if you had professional experience in finance, human resources, law, or property
As Chair of our Business Committee, you’ll also be a member of our Board of Trustees and the Co-ordinating Group, which means attending at least 12 meetings a year.
Location is not rigid but you must be prepared to travel to Dunfermline for meetings, therefore Central belt of Scotland would probably be best, the role is unpaid.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your experience and enthusiasm you will be able to further develop your own skills, many of our volunteers find their involvement with Scouts increases their own capability in their day role and everyday life, in fact over 90% of our volunteers believe that the skills and experiences they have gained through Scouting have been of relevance to their working or personal lives, including ;
- Developing skills in new areas
- Adding significant value to a leading voluntary organisation
- Adding great experience to their CV
- Building a network of contacts
Please apply by uploading your CV and explaining why the position interests you and what you could bring to the role.
Rainbow HR are Scouts Scotland retained Consultants for this position.