PMO Planner, Derby - mixture of office based and home working
Porterbrook Leasing Company specialises in the leasing of all types of railway rolling stock and associated equipment. Based in Derby with a corporateHead Office in London, the organisation is undertaking a period of transformational change as it responds to the changing landscape in rail. The engineering function is seeking the most talented commercial and technical resources in the industry to join its team, to enable the business to be fit for the future.
This role sits within the Project Management Office (PMO) within the engineering function of Porterbrook. The PMO Planner is a key role for the business to provide invaluable support within a variety of programmes working closely with managers to shape schedules and highlighting any risks / issues which would ultimately delay the projects.
- Create, maintain, review and administer project/programme schedules and plans across various projects within the business, including creating and maintaining plans in Microsoft Project
- Involve internal and external stakeholders in production of plans using a proactive approach
- Liaise with managers and engineers to discuss the progress of the project and address any issues that may cause delays to the project being delivered
- Keep the Porterbrook team up to date on progress so that they are able to inform internal and external stakeholders as necessary
- Problem solving with regards to project plans/schedules
- Support the overall management of the PMO function in terms of workload management and project resourcing, including maintaining the overall resource plan
- Maintain PMO documentation as it relates to project milestones and key dates
- Ensure regular and accurate project and programme reviews and reporting in accordance with Engineering Services and business requirements
Skills / Experience:
- Experienced in planning projects and producing schedules
- Highly Analytical
- Experience in communicating at all organisational levels, written and verbal
- Able to lead planning workshops
- Experience of the rail industry is desirable
- Experience of planning in a technical/project delivery context
- Experience of using Microsoft Project at an advanced level
- A formal project management qualification would be desirable for example Prince 2
We are seeking the very best talent to join the team, and offer an excellent salary, along with bonus and benefits. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great organisation with excellent people and a road map for the future to grow and develop the business.
To apply please upload your CV and a covering note with full details of why you would be a great addition to the Porterbrook team, along with details of your current salary and notice period to our retained consultant Emma Black at Rainbow HR
Porterbrook is a disability confident employer.
Closing date: 24/07/2020