Project Manager – Derby
Porterbrook Leasing Company specialises in the leasing of all types of railway rolling stock and associated equipment. Based in Derby with a corporate Head Office in London, the organisation is undertaking a period of transformational change as it responds to the changing landscape in rail. The engineering function is seeking the most talented commercial and technical resources in the industry to join its team, to enable the business to be fit for the future.
This role is a key support for the wider rolling stock programmes within Porterbrook. Part of the role will require you to ensure the safe operation of the fleets whilst delivering against Porterbrook’s lease obligations for heavy maintenance and modification projects that run on time and within budget. A great opportunity to join a one of the leading businesses in the field of rolling stock.
- Safe operations of Porterbrook owned rolling stock: Ensure that all projects are managed to support the safe operations of Porterbrook owned vehicles.
- Review National Incident Reports
- Support the supplier accreditation process
- Support the supplier audit process, managing audit CARs allocated to you for closure.
- Project Delivery: Deliver projects within the agreed time frame and within budget
- Ensure that the progress of the projects is regularly communicated via reports to the senior management team
- Undertake regular project reviews and that all Project Execution Plans are kept up to date
- Manage contract variations ensuring that these are valid
- Make the best use of the Porterbrook Support Engineers on site at the heavy maintenance locations – this should include where practicable the carrying out of input and output vehicle inspections
- Asset Management: Support the development and update of whole life plans for the fleets
- Support the development of maintenance specifications, particularly any updates that are required during a project
- Manage applicable warranty systems with both operators and suppliers to minimise risk to all parties
- Customer Relations: Where requested, in liaison with the Head of Fleet Services North, Midlands or South, provide direct support to customers on all technical issues affecting the vehicles that they lease that arise from projects. Ensure that these matters are appropriately prioritised and addressed
- General Management: Where requested support the development of graduates / trainees
- Support suppliers in their development of working practices, promoting environment of continuous improvement
Skills / Experience:
- Ideally a chartered engineer
- Degree / HNC or equivalent qualification within a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience in communicating at all organisational levels, written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of the rail industry
- Knowledge of contractual obligations and operating lease agreements
- Report writing skills
- Financial / budgeting awareness
- People Management
We are seeking the very best talent to join the team, and offer an excellent salary, along with bonus and benefits. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great organisation with excellent people and a road map for the future to grow and develop the business.
To apply please upload your CV and a covering note with full details of why you would be a great addition to the Porterbrook team, along with details of your current salary and notice period to our retained consultant Emma Black at Rainbow HR
Porterbrook is a disability confident employer.