Recruitment and Talent Manager - Derby
Porterbrook Leasing Company specialises in the leasing of all types of railway rolling stock and associated equipment. Based in Derby with a corporate Head Office in London, the organisation is undertaking a period of transformational change as it responds to the changing landscape in rail. The business has a well-established people strategy, which has led to Investors in People accreditation and ranks among the top 75 companies to work for in the Midlands.
To ensure the business continues to transform and recognised as a leader in its sector they must have the very best people in the industry, from entry level roles to senior management.
To support this aim a new role of Recruitment and Talent Manger has been created which will be responsible for the end to end delivery of all recruitment coupled with strategic implementation of talent and succession processes that will make a positive impact on the company. This is a fantastic opportunity to completely revise the way the business recruits and retains top talent.
- Support and development of an accurate resource planning system which ensures that appropriate pro-active resourcing can be undertaken
- Lead the development of a cutting edge recruitment strategy to deliver the most effective and cost efficient resourcing for the business
- Review the current recruitment processes, making recommendations for improvement and implementing these to ensure all recruitment processes are based on best practice and deliver an inclusive approach and a diverse workforce across all areas of protected characteristics
- Research and communicate market rates for roles to ensure Porterbrook remains competitive, including creating a compelling “employer of choice” communications strategy
- Deliver a talent pipeline approach to deliver a steady stream of pre-qualified, exceptional individuals for the business to meet our long term resourcing and skills requirements
- Support hiring managers during the interview and feedback process, providing a coaching approach to ensure the highest levels of quality are delivered
- Support the onboarding process by ensuring new starts join the company smoothly and all affected people are aware of their role in the process of onboarding/induction
- Support the internal Talent Management and Succession Planning processes
- Lead on the recruitment for Graduates and Apprentices, building strong external relationships with educational establishments and collaborating with other industry employers
- Lead on building relationships with schools and relevant not-for-profit organisations which are in place to encourage young people into the railway or engineering as a career, including giving talks and arranging work placements
Skills / Experience:
- Experience of working within the rail industry
- Recruitment marketing via a variety of platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of full life cycle recruiting
- Ability to organise assessment centres
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with hiring managers and developing strong stakeholder relationships
- Excellent knowledge of recruitment legislation
We are seeking the very best talent to join the team, and offer an excellent salary, along with bonus and benefits. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great organisation with excellent people and a road map for the future to grow and develop the business and would suit an HR generalist with experience of talent attraction and retention.
To apply please upload your CV and a covering note with full details of why you would be a great addition to the Porterbrook team, along with details of your current salary and notice period to our retained consultants - Rainbow HR
Porterbrook is registered as a Disability Confident committed employer and holds Living Wage Accreditation