Trustee – Scouts Scotland
Rainbow HR are delighted to be hiring for a Trustee position for Scouts Scotland. As Trustee, you will play your part in Scouts Scotland future and make sure it delivers on development, adult training and other support.
Who we’re looking for:
We need someone with experience of being a charity Trustee, who can see the big picture, is happy to challenge and keep people accountable, and who can make good sound decisions, all while keeping Scouts Scotland’s best interests at heart.
- You’ll be experienced in leading strategies and/or managing projects
- You need to be committed to our values & ethos and understand what we do
- You need to be really passionate about what Scouts Scotland do and have energy and enthusiasm and he time to really make a difference and commit to this role
As a Trustee you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A record of proven and significant achievement in your own field.
- An understanding of the type of work undertaken by Scouts’ Scotland
- Successful experience of operating on a board or a major committee in a charitable, public sector or commercial organisation.
A background in one or more the following areas would be particularly welcomed:
- Scottish legal system
- Communications and public affairs
- Strategic planning and strategy
- Organisational development, cultural change and HR management
- Youth policy development
- Strategic risk management
- Charity fundraising
At this stage we are not seeking applications from finance professionals as the board is already strongly represented in this area.
Location is flexible but you must be prepared to travel to Dunfermline for meetings, therefore Central belt of Scotland would probably be best, the role is unpaid.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your experience and enthusiasm you will be able to further develop your own skills, many of our volunteers find their involvement with Scouts increases their own capability in their day role and everyday life, in fact over 90% of our volunteers believe that the skills and experiences they have gained through Scouting have been of relevance to their working or personal lives, including ;
- Developing skills in new areas
- Adding significant value to a leading voluntary organisation
- Adding great experience to their CV
- Building a network of contacts
Please apply by uploading your CV and explaining why the position interests you and what you could bring to the role.
Fiona Irvine of Rainbow HR is Scouts Scotland retained Consultant for this position.